This bridge is a good example of a Strauss heel-trunnion bascule bridge, and it has been well maintained and preserved. The truss has excellent historic and structural integrity with no major alteration of original materials and design. The bridge tender house however has been completely replaced along with the control equipment all of which is modern in design. Original lattice railings remain in place behind modern guardrail. In 1953, the original wooden deck was replaced with a metal grid deck on the bascule leaves and a concrete deck and the remaining portions of the bridge. The bridge was rehabilitated in 2000.
The county engineer at the time this bridge was built was Charles W. Deterding.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2022, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.