This bridge was built by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) in 1891 on a railroad spur line to serve a coal mine. The old rail spur is now the Bow River Loop Trail. The main span of this bridge actually dates to 1880. It appears to have been salvaged from another bridge, a two span Whipple truss that had its truss lines doubled up to create a single, stronger span. This accounts for the unusual double trusses seen on this span. The bridge is noted for its rare vertical endposts. At the top of the end posts, plaques reading T. B. Co. 1880 are visible. It is not known what the full name of this bridge company was.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2022, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.