This is a rare example of a bedstead pony truss bridge that was relocated and preserved for pedestrian use on the grounds of the Tulsa offices of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. The interpretive signage does not state when and where this bridge came from exactly, but noted it was built in 1915 in Washington County. It is believed to have previously crossed Coon Creek on E0100 (coordinates 36.873062, -95.823497) as old inventories list a bridge of the same span length (50 feet) with the same 1915 construction date and show that bridge being replaced by a new bridge constructed in 2005.
The previous location of this bridge in Washington County is estimated to be at 36.873062, -95.823497.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2022, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.