The vast majority of metal truss bridges in Ontario have riveted connections. As such, this bridge with pinned connections is rare in Ontario. Not only are pin-connected truss bridges rare, they represent the earlier generation and design of metal truss bridges. They were commonly built from 1880 to 1915, and after 1905 they rapidly decreased in popularity of the more rigid rivet-connected truss bridge.
This bridge is abandoned in a nature preserve. The bridge is deteriorated, but could be restored. It would be a good candidate for relocation and reuse in a park or on a trail.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2022, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.