This bridge is so old it has been replaced twice, first by another surviving and today-abandoned rainbow arch bridge, which in turn has been replaced by a modern bridge. Yet this bridge has been left here abandoned, and is increasingly deteriorated. The bridge is near the Hamlet of Fairy Hill in the Rural Municipality of Lumsden No. 189. The old Qu’Appelle River Bridge is a 72-foot reinforced concrete earth-filled arch closed-spandrel arch bridge. It was the second reinforced concrete earth-filled arch closed-spandrel arch bridge constructed in Saskatchewan Approximately fifteen of these types of bridges were built in Saskatchewan between 1917 and 1922. This bridge was replaced by an adjacent bowstring arch bridge.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2023, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.