Located on a road that was long ago a railroad line, this is a rare truss bridge built by the noted Keystone Bridge Company. The design of the bridge is also noted for its laced endposts and ornamental portal bracing. This road was originally the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina, which was a narrow gauge railroad. The railroad shut down in 1950. There are two more truss bridges (a through truss and a deck truss) surviving on this railroad line north of this bridge, however north of this bridge the road ends and the bridges would take time to access. If anyone has photos of the other bridges, please feel free to contact us if you are willing to share photos.
Original / Full Size Photos A collection of overview and detail photos. This gallery offers photos in the highest available resolution and file size in a touch-friendly popup viewer. Alternatively, Browse Without Using Viewer
Mobile Optimized Photos A collection of overview and detail photos. This gallery features data-friendly, fast-loading photos in a touch-friendly popup viewer. Alternatively, Browse Without Using Viewer