These graceful bowstring spans provide pedestrian access to boats that dock at this pier. The far span can adjust for changing water levels. The bridge sits on interesting riveted box and pipe column bents.
Wikipedia states "It was erected by Earl Cadogan by 1841 and designed by Nathaniel Handford. It was rebuilt around 1875 following the completion of Albert Bridge. The London County Council obtained the pier from the Thames Conservancy Board and repaired it in 1905." The nature of the rebuild and the repairs is unknown. It is suspected that the bridge spans might date to the 1875 reconstruction, based on their design.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2022, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.