This bridge has an unusual design and history that makes it difficult to describe and to date. In 1885, a pin-connected railroad deck truss bridge was built near the current bridge's location. In 1922-1923, the trusses
from this bridge were moved slightly to the current location to accommodate a new railroad line alignment. At this time, a third truss line with riveted connections was added in between the two 1885 truss lines. Because original 1885 truss
lines remain a part of this bridge, HistoricBridges.org is retaining the 1885 date as the construction date for the bridge. However, much of this bridge material does date to 1922-1923. Additional rehabilitation work occurred in 1955. In
1999, the bridge deck was converted for pedestrian use.
Original / Full Size Photos A collection of overview and detail photos. This gallery offers photos in the highest available resolution and file size in a touch-friendly popup viewer. Alternatively, Browse Without Using Viewer
Mobile Optimized Photos A collection of overview and detail photos. This gallery features data-friendly, fast-loading photos in a touch-friendly popup viewer. Alternatively, Browse Without Using Viewer