This is a rare example of a pin-connected highway deck truss bridge in Oregon. It was sensitively rehabilitated in 2014. The bridge retains good historic integrity overall.
Shop drawings indicate that the Riverside Bridge Company of Wheeling, West Virginia fabricated the bridge. This is assumed to be the company that for most of its history was reported as being located in nearby Martins Ferry, Ohio. The bridge was built during the Lewis and Clark Exposition of 1905 which was located near the bridge.
Above: Photo of the newly completed bridge in 1904. Since this photo was taken, much of the valley was filled in during the 1930s.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2024, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.