This bridge was built 1907-09 by the Hamilton Bridge Company. The Canadian National Railway (CNR) assumed responsibility for the bridge in the 1920s. The bridge was built as a combined railroad and highway bridge with 12 foot cantilevered deck extensions on each side for traffic. Vehicular traffic continued to use the bridge until 1960 when the Diefenbaker Bridge was constructed. The cantilevered decks no longer remain on the bridge. The fixed truss spans are 146 feet while the swing span is 256 feet.
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2022, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.