This is a suspension bridge built ca. 1951 next to an enormous hydroelectric power plant. The bridge has a very minimal tower design. The deck truss stiffening for this bridge is welded and may not be original. The cables have also been replaced, in a project dating to 2011-2012. Although a late, and altered example of this bridge type, it is nevertheless rare in the context of bridge types in Canada. The bridge is a single span suspension brdige, meaning the backstays are unloaded. The length between back of anchorages is 1,000 feet (305 meters).
Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
Search For Additional Bridge Listings:
© Copyright 2003-2023, HistoricBridges.org. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: HistoricBridges.org is a volunteer group of private citizens. HistoricBridges.org is NOT a government agency, does not represent or work with any governmental agencies, nor is it in any way associated with any government agency or any non-profit organization. While we strive for accuracy in our factual content, HistoricBridges.org offers no guarantee of accuracy. Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Information could include technical inaccuracies or errors of omission. Opinions and commentary are the opinions of the respective HistoricBridges.org member who made them and do not necessarily represent the views of anyone else, including any outside photographers whose images may appear on the page in which the commentary appears. HistoricBridges.org does not bear any responsibility for any consequences resulting from the use of this or any other HistoricBridges.org information. Owners and users of bridges have the responsibility of correctly following all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, regardless of any HistoricBridges.org information.